The Center for Legislative Energy and Environmental Research (CLEER) may grant media passes for its activities to credentialed members of the media, including print journalists (newspapers, magazines), broadcast journalists (radio or television), wire and news services for redistribution to other news organizations, or online news services (electronic dissemination rather than conventional print and broadcast distribution). CLEER will recognize journalists who have obtained credentials from a capitol press corps, official press organization or the U.S. Congress. To apply for a media pass, contact CLEER at 972-243-7788.
Members of the media who are granted a pass by TEC or CLEER must comply with the following conditions:
- TEC/CLEER media credentials must be visible at all times at the meeting or event.
- Members of the media may not solicit, advocate, rally or collect signatures on behalf of a political cause, issue or individual at a TEC or CLEER event in which they have registered as members of the media.
- All requests to record or videotape at any TEC or CLEER meeting or function for the purpose of rebroadcasting must be made at least 24 hours in advance and approved by TEC or CLEER, as appropriate.
- TEC and CLEER will only allow authorized representatives of the entities noted above to be approved and the approval is not transferable. Approval is needed for each TEC and CLEER function.
- TEC and CLEER have the right to remove individuals from a meeting or function who do not abide by the above terms and conditions.
Requests for interviews regarding TEC or CLEER should be directed to 972-243-7788.